Sunday, August 24, 2014

A notch down

Lots of people tend to be self righteous without knowing it. I happen to know I have failed at meeting my own standards for being a good person. I have also failed at meeting the standards of everyone for being successful at life. Lots more will be dismayed at me in due time. Its inevitable.

I have turned into my worse enemy, my nemesis. I poison myself with a thick putrid stench of a ghost, robbing me of clarity, tripping me when it counts, haunting me with hopelessness.

I am that guy, that uncle, that friend, that son, that brother, that father, that one, the cautionary tale. The whispers flow from their lips and tell of how not to be, not to fall, not to become, like me. Not to contract that, whatever that is. Plainly a pariah.

No comments:

Post a Comment